Log into MyCourses and take advantage of our growing self-paced, on-demand professional development offerings. You will find courses on topics such as Academic Integrity, Teaching Students with ACCESS Diplomas, Community Engagement, Diversity and more.
You can access the on-demand offerings by clicking on the "Select a Course" titles link and searching for CETL courses as shown in the following screenshot:
The Online Learning and Services team has an abundance of resources to help you connect technology and learning. Visit their page for information on events and trainings they are offering, services they provide, and lots more.
- Fall Adjunct Day
- Teaching & Learning Conference
- Faculty Webinar Series
- Spring Adjunct Day
- New Faculty Cohort
Information on these annual events will be sent out through e-mail and other social media outlets so be sure to check in regularly.
The ASK (Always Seeking Knowledge) Portal is the on-demand hub for videos. You can find offerings on specific technical topics, webinars, campus safety information, and much, much more.
Teaching Resources (external source)
Teaching Conferences Directory
Student Health and Wellness Resources
Tools For Course Development and Teaching
- The Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking
- Syllabus and Course Design to Foster Student Engagement
- Seven Principles of Good Practice in Education
- SMARTHINKING Faculty Handbook
- SMARTHINKING Student Handbook
- SMARTHINKING: How it works
- SPC Library Guides Research assistance, subject guides and useful resources compiled by your friendly SPC librarians. Know what we know – find it in LibGuides! The subject guides provide resources for various courses at SPC including databases, books, multimedia, and web materials.
- MERLOT MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching) is a free and open online community of resources designed primarily for faculty, staff and students of higher education from around the world to share their learning materials and pedagogy. MERLOT is a leading edge, user-centered collection of peer reviewed higher education, online learning materials cataloged by registered members, and a set of faculty development support services.
- SERC The goal of the Pedagogic Service project is to encourage educators to reflect critically on their own teaching practices and to support them in exploring new pedagogies. Building on a successful model in the geosciences, faculty in various disciplines have created a library of pedagogic methods and a collection of activities which exemplify each method.
- NSDL NSDL (National Science Digital Library) is the National Science Foundation's online library of resources and collections for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education and research. Resources available through NSDL include images, video, audio, animations, software, data sets, and text documents such as lesson plans and journal articles. In addition, NSDL provides search, browse, help, blogging, collaborative work spaces, collection creation and management services, news reports and online community discussions.
- Orange Grove The Orange Grove is an online, statewide initiative to store and manage Florida's instructional, organizational and professional development resources for discovery, use and remixing by Florida faculty and administrators.
Teaching / Learning Portals
- SPC Critical Thinking Gateway Resources for critical thinking to enhance student learning.
- SERC Teaching Methods Each pedagogic approach is described succinctly so you can quickly understand how the technique might be relevant to your teaching. Written by fellow educators, these descriptions include tips for effectively using each technique, related research on their impacts on learning, as well as a set of example activities.
- MERLOT Pedagogy Portal The MERLOT Pedagogy Portal is designed to help you learn about the variety of instructional strategies and issues that could help you become a better teacher. The resources you'll find in the portal should apply to teaching a variety of disciplines.
- MERLOT Faculty Development Portal MERLOT Faculty Development homepage includes: Teaching Tips, Community of Educators, Resources outside MERLOT, Learning Materials and Showcase Feature.
- MERLOT academic support services A collection of learning materials related to academic support services. A number of these have been peer-reviewed.