Jennifer Haber has a BA in English from the University of Florida, an MA in English from the University of Central Florida, and a PhD in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Instructional Technology from the University of South Florida and has been teaching Communications and Fine Arts classes at SPC for over seventeen years.
In addition to her teaching, she has served on numerous committees, including the Online Revitalization Committee, has written numerous articles and blogs, including “Perceptions of Barriers Concerning Effective Online Teaching and Policies” in the Community College Journal of Research and Practice, and has presented at a variety of conferences, including Sloan. She was also presented with the Summum Bonum Award in 2013 for improving student achievement and making a difference in the lives of her students.
As QEC Lead Faculty, Dr. Haber will work with the Center of Excellence for Teaching and Learning (CETL) with the support from the office of Academic Effectiveness and Assessment (AEA) to develop a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) for submission to SACSCOC, as part of St. Petersburg College’s 2018 reaffirmation. This will include:
- Working with CETL to identify faculty and staff members to serve on the QEC.
- Working with CETL and AEA to develop a plan for organizing, developing, and vetting the QEP.
- Leading monthly meetings of the QEC with CETL and AEA to develop the QEP.
- Working with CETL to project manage the process and provide transparent updates to the college community.
- Attending SACSCOC meetings.
- Functioning as the liaison between faculty, the college community, and college leadership during the development of the QEP.
The QEP oversight for our 2018 SACSCOC reaffirmation is a bit different than when we developed our last QEP. The QEP this time around will be led by a collaborative effort that includes the:
- QEP Steering Committee (CETL Board of Directors).
- Quality Enhancement Committee (QEC) leady by the QEC Lead Faculty.
- Subcommittees of the QEC that will support particular aspects of the QEP (once the topic is selected).
We are currently at the beginning of our QEP topic selection stage in the overall process which will consist of identifying areas of need and gathering feedback from our college community in order to narrow our topic selections. Our first college-wide activity for QEP topic selection will be a collaborative lab on afternoon of Friday September 11th. Details about attending the lab will be sent out soon. In addition, we will be hosting Q&A sessions on various campuses starting in September, as well as an all-day session at All-College Day on October 20th.
If you’d like to get involved now, we are currently looking for faculty members to be a part of the QEP Topic Selection Committee. These individuals will be part of a team that assists in determining the college’s QEP topic, which will be decided in December 2015. Meetings will be held bi-weekly on Fridays from 10AM-12PM until December. QEP Topic Selection Committee members will be responsible for collecting information and researching possible topic areas.
If you are interested in serving as part of the QEP Topic Selection Committee this fall, please complete the survey below by September 7th:
Thank you for your interest in the QEP and we look forward to hearing from you!
For additional information on SPC’s SACSCOC 2018 Reaffirmation and the QEP please visit: