SPC’s Teaching and Learning Conference is one month from today!
There are ONLY 30 spots left to attend. Reserve your seat today via the Registration Survey before they are all taken.
View the List of Presenters PDF
Your OLS and CETL teams are cohosting the THIRD annual SPC Teaching and Learning Conference – Inspiring Excellence!
This innovative learning event will be held on Friday, April 13th, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at EPI Center.
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided. Internationally recognized teaching and learning resource, Dr. Peter Arthur will be the keynote speaker, sharing insights on Metacognition, Grit, and Growth Mindset. The day will be filled with presentations by both SPC faculty and staff addressing all areas of teaching and learning at SPC!
Reserve your seat today! Please complete the SPC Teaching and Learning Conference – Registration Survey before all seats are taken.
The call for proposals is still open. If you would like to contribute to this exciting event, please complete the SPC Teaching and Learning Conference – Call for Proposals Survey by February 12th.
Topics of interest include:
- Time Management Tools for Faculty (streamline grading techniques, time saves in the LMS, crafting a syllabus for success)
- Metacognition, Growth Mindset, Grit
- Strategies for Student Engagement (feedback, instructor2student communication, active learning, community involvement)
- Face2Face Teaching and Learning Strategies (alternative course resources, LMS to compliment F2F engagement, collaborative topics and innovative pedagogy)
- Beyond the Faculty: SPC Resources to Support Student Success (Student Support Services, Mental Health Resources, Career and Academic Support, International Opportunities)
- Accessibility best practices and resources
- And more!
We look forward to this exciting teaching and learning event.
The SPC Teaching and Learning Conference Team