Greetings SPC Faculty! As the new CETL Lead Faculty Associate, I’ve had a few questions about the direction of CETL over the next two years as the college is working through several initiatives that impact faculty, students, and staff. In short, I don’t know what the future holds; however, rest assured I will continue to uphold CETL’s mission which is:
“To support, recognize and reward faculty in the pursuit of excellence in teaching, learning and assessing to promote student success at SPC.”
I will be working with our CETL Board, Faculty Associates, and staff to uphold this mission through our goals of:
- Providing a vision of teaching and learning at SPC
- Developing and supporting a standard of excellence for college-wide pedagogical competencies
- Encouraging faculty to continually strive for excellence in the teaching, learning and assessment process
- Serving as an incubator for innovative teaching and learning strategies
- Facilitating sharing and enhancing best practices
- Providing mentoring opportunities and resources for all faculty
Although it may seem that we have tons of activities that pull us many directions, I will ensure that we continue to foster these goals and work with a collaborative spirit with all institutional resources to ensure our team of faculty are provided with great opportunities to enhance teaching and learning for our students. – Dr. Eric Carver
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Upcoming CETL deadlines and events:
- CETL spring grant deadlines
- Apply online by Friday, Feb. 15
- Faculty Development Opportunities
- Check the CETL online calendar for campus dates and locations.
- Faculty Roundtables
- Check the CETL online calendar for campus dates, times and locations.
- Fourteenth Annual Narrowing the Gulf Conference
- April 4-5, EpiCenter
- Writing with Integrity at Poynter Institute
- May 29-30, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Poynter Institute for Media, 801 Third St. S, St. Petersburg
Subscribe to the CETL blog to receive updates about:
- grant opportunities
- peer mentoring
- faculty research information
- monthly email newsletter
- video lunch bytes